On April 24th, the California Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Water approved Senate Bill 1221 by a 5-3 vote. The bill would ban the use of hounds to hunt black bears and bobcats. Here is a breakdown of the vote.
Senators Voting for SB 1221 which Bans Hunting of Black Bears and Bobcats with Hounds
- Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Chair
- Senator Christine Kehoe (D-North Park)
- Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima)
- Senator S. Joseph Simitian (D-Palo Alto)
- Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis)
Senators Voting Against SB 1221
- Senator Doug LaMalfa (R-Richvale) – Vice Chair
- Senator Anthony Cannella (R-Ceres)
- Senator Jean Fuller (R-Bakersfield)
Senators Not Voting
- Senator Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa)
Click here for the full story on the Committee’s vote.