Today, America’s outdoors heritage is under siege. Yet, while a range of hunting/conservation groups exist to protect certain aspects and interests of the sporting community, The Sportsmen’s Alliance and its Foundation (SA/SAF) fill a vital role as the only entity uniquely designed and equipped to lead the legislative and legal fight by representing the interests of all sportsmen, including where possible uniting disparate conservation groups in a common cause. As a “defensive first” organization that exists to fight the hardest fights wherever they arise, SA/SAF plays an integral role supporting the conservation and hunting heritage efforts of all other like-minded groups. Rarely able to anticipate where its next battle will be, SA/SAF serves as a watchman at the gate, observing, documenting, garnering support, and bringing to bear unique expertise to protect the freedoms on which other conservation groups rely. A strategic priority of SA/SAF’s work includes the goal of educating the nation’s next generation(s) so that outdoorsmen and women can take back the dialogue and our children can rightly understand both the history and the science behind conservation.
We are currently seeking a mission-motivated and creative Social Media Specialist to join the Marketing and Communications team at SA/SAF. As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the Social Media strategy for SA/SAF to increase their online presence and improve their marketing and sales efforts. The personal characteristics of the Social Media Specialist should include tenacity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for a hard-working and passionate social media guru. To fit SA/SAF’s culture, those professional traits would be well complemented by personal characteristics including integrity, flexibility, and good humor! S/He should have proven success in growing engagement and followers across all current and future social media platforms as well as compile and write news shorts and press releases. The Social Media Specialist will be based in Columbus, Ohio at SA/SAF’s headquarters.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you passionate about hunting and fishing? Are you tired of hunting getting an unfair shake in the media? Do you want to keep the animal-rights movement from destroying hunting? AND … are you willing to put your name on the line and square off publicly with people who hate hunting (and probably you) to protect it? If so, keep reading.
The Sportsmen’s Alliance is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join the Marketing & Communications team. In a nutshell, you will run our social media channels; compile and write news shorts and press releases; and keep the website looking snazzy.
- Grow and engage our social media following on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and whatever crazy platform comes out next (ideally, you’re already on it).
- Create, manage and execute social media campaigns related to membership, fundraising, policy engagement, events and e-commerce.
- Understand the outdoors, the political issues and pitfalls so you can create engaging, entertaining and educational posts for our followers.
- Provide analytic reports to executive manager and suggest strategy changes as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all the other cool social media channels to amplify our message, branding and reach.
- Write and edit news releases touting partnerships and Alliance initiatives, recap engaging outdoors and animal-rights news for use on our site, social channels and magazine.
- Find, create and share entertaining news stories, memes and multi-media content on social media.
- Basic Photoshop, InDesign and other Adobe Suite skills.
- If you can run a camera and create original images and videos, even better.
- Have the ability to take a WordPress-based website up a notch.
- Keep the website up to date and looking sharp.
- Have experience with Online Express (or the smarts to learn) to send emails to member lists multiple times a week.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in marketing required. Demonstrated experience in content creation/management and increasing social media KPI’s.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role.
Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions. Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices. Good understanding of social media KPIs. Familiarity with web design and publishing. Excellent multitasking skills, critical thinker and problem-solving skills. Team player, good time-management skills and great interpersonal and communication skills.
Other Requirements: A passion for hunting, fishing and/or trapping is essential for a successful applicant. An entrepreneurial approach and self-management personality along with a desire to win and help advance a growing organization in an exciting and fast-paced environment is necessary.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, AND LOCATION
Compensation and benefits for this position are highly competitive with comparable opportunities. SA/SAF is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional leadership. This position will be based at SA/SAF’s corporate headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
THE SEARCH AND SELECTION PROCESS DB&A Executive Search & Recruitment has been retained by the Sportsmen’s Alliance to conduct this search for the next Social Media Specialist. Candidates will be identified through a number of sources; DB&A consultants will review and evaluate all interested parties in the process of determining a final group for consideration. The search will be coordinated by SA/SAF’s Selection Committee, who will be involved in all aspects of the process, including interviewing finalists and participating in the decision-making process. The search will be conducted in a professional, consistent manner with a commitment to all potential candidates being afforded the same considerations by the search firm and the Client. SA/SAF is an equal opportunity employer. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.
***TO APPLY FOR THE SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST POSITION VISIT THIS LINK ***